EV Evolve 50 Powered Column Speaker
- The Electro Voice Evolve 50 is perfect for small to medium sized venues.
- Quick and easy assembly ensures you’ll be up and running in no time.
- It’s easy to set up, so you can spend more time on the music and less on the tech.
- Quick configuration and wireless control of up to six EVOLVE 50 systems simultaneously
- High-quality Bluetooth audio streaming for wireless music playback or musical accompaniment. Power consumption – 100-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz, 1.5-0.6 A
- Ultra-wide 120 Degree horizontal coverage via custom-designed waveguides and array-formed 40 Degree asymmetrical vertical coverage
- Quick Smart DSP provides best-in-class processing via EV’s signature single-knob user interface with LCD
- Lightweight and intuitive assembly via the magnet assisted sub pole make a quality performance easier than ever
- It has a master volume control for easy sound level adjustments
EV Evolve 50 Portable Column System is a three-component loudspeaker system powered by a 1000 W Class-D amplifier and driven by Electro-Voice’s QuickSmartDSP.
The system consists of a 15 mm wooden, ported, powered subwoofer enclosure that houses a 12” subwoofer capable of a functional frequency output down to 37 Hz. The bi-directional aluminum pole’s connection to the subwoofer is secured using magnet while the column array is gravity held to the subpole. The signal is internally routed to the components.
Their patented design for the subwoofer enclosure has been engineered to be compatible with both indoor or outdoor use, creating a durable column array complete with an aluminum pole that can withstand any type of extreme weather conditions. The bi-directional mode acts as two freely radiating columns, making the system easy to position in front of the audience while also providing optimal sound diffusion.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Electro Voice Evolve 50 portable Column Speaker System
What is new about this system?
Compared to the previous generation of EV Evolve, the new system has a tighter vertical pattern control which allows for better acoustic isolation between lower source levels and higher ones. The system’s high-frequency driver exhibits improved performance with a more accurate response and reduced breakup modes. Also, thanks to its larger size, the subwoofer enclosure houses a 12” subwoofer with an extended low-end response.
What is the system used for?
The system can be used as a supplementary or primary audio system for various indoor and outdoor applications: retail, high-ceiling banquet rooms and boardrooms, corporate communications, and paging systems. The column array design delivers clear voice announcements and music playback at medium to high sound pressure levels.
What’s the size of the system?
- Height 80.51″ (2045mm)
- Width 13.58″ (345mm)
- Depth 18.54″ (471mm)
- Weight Net 57.87lbs (26.25kg)
What’s included in the box?
A basic system with column speaker array, powered sub pole, and an integrated compartment for connection of the elements; manual; warranty card; user guide; speaker mounting bracket with safety cable; user-friendly wiring plan.
What are the following components made of?
- Column speaker array – metal with black powder coat finish
- Powered Sub Pole – metal
- Speakers – injection-molded polymer, anodized aluminum cone
What are the advantages of the column design?
The column array is an advanced, directional column loudspeaker that delivers superior performance for voice and music playback. It increases speech intelligibility by precisely delivering sound to targeted audiences while reducing unwanted reverberation. It has a more narrow vertical coverage pattern than conventional line arrays which makes it possible to provide a more consistent coverage pattern from a large audience to small.
How much power does it have?
Maximum amplifier output power 1000W, minimum amplifier output power 100 W, nominal impedance 8 ohms.
How can I install it?
It is designed as a plug-and-play component that features an internal signal routing, hence no complicated wiring schemes are required. The column array system comes with a basic mounting stand which provides stability and safety during installation.
Does this system have protection circuitry?
Yes, the subwoofer has over-temperature and short-circuit protection.
What is the sound quality like?
The sounds quality of this system can be described as crisp. The subwoofer provides extended low-frequency response and so instruments, vocals, and speech are reproduced with accuracy.
Is it versatile?
Yes, the system is very flexible in application. It ensures high directivity which reduces ambient noise, allowing you to place it in any location without worrying about the sound disturbing the surrounding people.
Where can I use this system?
You can use this system in various installations such as high-ceiling banquet rooms and boardrooms, retail spaces, corporate communications systems, restaurants, worship facilities, gymnasiums/auditoriums, and paging systems.