PTZOptics Serial PTZ Controller with Joystick
- A fine-tune camera focus that produces professional results
- A focus mode toggle that allows you to switch your manual/autofocus modes on and off
- An exposure mode toggle for turning automatic/manual exposure modes on and off quickly
- An iris control that allows you to open and close the camera’s iris
- Six hotkeys that allow you to manage six cameras at once
- 6 Camera Hotkeys. Quickly switch between up to six PTZ cameras.
- LCD Display. Quickly browse through the menu with this LCD display.
- Focus. Fine-tune camera focus (must have the manual focus on).
- Focus Mode Toggle. Quickly turn manual/autofocus modes on and off.
- Iris Control. Quickly open and close your cameras Iris.
- Exposure Mode Toggle. Quickly turn automatic/manual exposure modes on and off.
- Produce professional results.
- Quickly switch between up to six PTZ cameras.
- Make your work look like a pro’s
Priced at around $300, this joystick controller allows you to control and manage numerous cameras at once without spending a ton of money on it. Its large buttons make for a very easy way to operate the device, and the joystick can be used with one hand in case you need to do something else with the other hand. The LCD display screen makes it super easy to determine what is going on at all times, and best of all, you don’t have to be a tech wizard to learn how to set it up or operate it. It is a simple device that you can have set up and operational in minutes, especially because everything you need to do so is included in the package.
The PTZ camera controller has also been updated recently and, therefore, has some very convenient features. These include advanced controls for opening up its on-screen display (OSD) menu and a total of six buttons that allow you to quickly switch from one camera to another. Some of the other perks that come with this camera include:
When you think about it, houses of worship need these advantages because let’s face it, things can get pretty fast-paced very quickly, and therefore any device that saves you a lot of time is always worth it in the end. This joystick controller is high-tech and produces professional results, yet anyone can learn to operate it and still get great images and sound regardless of what is being recorded. Since the device uses serial control cabling, you don’t need an IP network to stream or record, making the entire process much easier for you.
Even if you’re only working with two cameras, a controller is a good thing to have, and this particular controller is compatible with all sorts of PTZ cameras. In addition, getting it set up and running only involves power and a direct RS-232 control cable that connects to the camera you’re using. This is a third-generation controller with a sturdy metal case, which means you’ll be able to use it again and again for many years to come. It is definitely one purchase you won’t regret.
Read our complete review of the PTZOptics IP Joystick Controller here.