The Roland V-1HD Professional A/V HD Video Switcher
- Four video inputs: The V-1HD has 4 HDMI input connectors compatible with a variety of equipment. The V-1HD supports 1080p/1080i/720p video resolutions. Devices outputting the same resolution can be input regardless of what type of device they are. Both progressive and interlace signals can be input allowing for both 1080i and 1080p signals to be used at the same time.
- Professional Switching: The V-1HD has large back-lit buttons for intuitive video switching even in low light conditions. It even lets you know which inputs have sources connected by illuminating the buttons of the inputs with connected sources. The switcher features broadcast style Preview/Program switching for professional results.
- Effects: Compositing two videos in one screen using Picture in Picture or the split function is ideal for seminars and presentations. The V-1HD also supports chroma key and luminance key which is ideal for creating professional-looking broadcasts using green screen backgrounds or for overlaying computer-generated titles on top of video sources.
- Audio Mix: Included is a 12 channel digital audio mixer. The V-1HD can mix 4 stereo audio inputs from the HDMI ports, the stereo line-level input, and a mic-level input. Every channel is equipped with a delay function to synchronize the video and the audio. Audio follow function enables the audio to transition along with the video.
- With audio output jacks, you can send the audio mix to a PA system or record it on an external device.
- Menu and Settings: The on-screen menu display appears on the preview screen and is easy to operate with hardware controls. Making adjustments to parameters and operating the audio mixer can be made by a simple operation of the buttons and the T-Fader on the unit.
- Ideal video switching solution for all applications huddle spaces to live events
- Add voice-overs and music with dedicated mic and RCA stereo inputs
- Green Screen chroma & luminance keying, picture-in-picture, and split-screen modes give full control
- Compact and easy to use with two HDMI outputs
No more fidgeting with jumpers and splitters! Say goodbye to complicated wiring. Roland’s V-1HD 4 x HDMI Input Switcher simplifies video switching by making it easy for you to work with up to four HD inputs at once. With its built-in 12 channel audio mixer, this switcher makes studio production on the go a whole lot easier too. It offers manual control functionality as well as access capability via a computer or iPad for electronic control. So whether you’re recording your latest tune in music class or giving an epic presentation in a breakout session, the Roland V-1HD 4xHDMI input video switcher will be there every step of the way!
The Roland V-1HD is a switcher for HD video that any professional videographer will love. Change your resolution, switch between your inputs, and mix in audio all with Roland’s 12-channel mixer–with no fuss or muss. If you want to take it on the go, pop it into its handy carrying bag and bring it anywhere you need to go. This little unit has power without size!
With the V-1HD video switcher on hand, you can effortlessly switch between your professional HD video inputs to create a seamless live production without having to worry about syncing up multiple video cameras. Whether you’re switching signals manually or using one of Roland’s optional control interfaces, get set up quickly and easily with cables interconnecting seamlessly for plug-and-play convenience. With four inputs that each feature their own frame buffer/TBC system so you don’t need to genlock your sources together, it makes life in transition simple and convenient. If this isn’t enough for you already, built into the device is an audio mixer complete with 12 channels of mixing capability perfect for your needs anytime.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Roland V-1HD
What input and output video resolutions does the Roland V-1HD support?
The Roland V-1HD supports HDMI 1080p (50, 59.94, 60Hz) or 720p (50, 59.94, 60Hz), computer signals up to WUXGA (1920 x 1200 at 60Hz), standard definition NTSC (480i at 60Hz) or PAL (576i at 50Hz), and analog component (YPbPr) signals up to 1080i.
What types of video signals does the Roland V-1HD support?
The Roland V-1HD supports HDMI video sources, standard definition NTSC (480i at 60 Hz), computer sources up to WUXGA (1920 x 1200 at 60Hz), and analog component video.
Can I use a computer for an incoming video source?
Yes. Simply connect your computer to the supplied breakout cable and you have an HDMI input.
Can I use an HDMI splitter to feed the V-1HD more than one source?
No. While you can send multiple sources into a third-party 3×1 switch, it is not possible to combine different video signals via an HDMI splitter.
Can I record my mixed show using the V-1HD for replay during another live event?
Yes, using the USB output you can capture a live program and play it back at a later time.
Can I use the V-1HD over HDMI while also feeding another HDMI source to my TV or monitor?
Yes. The V-1HD provides a loop through so that your television will continue to receive any other HDMI input that is connected to the television.
Can I use other video mixers with the V-1HD?
The V-1HD’s scaler makes it compatible with other brand mixers, including high-end systems costing tens of thousands of dollars. However, depending on which features are included in the third-party mixer, you may have to adjust the V-1HD’s HDMI output resolution.
Can I use the V-1HD as a stand-alone mixer?
Yes, you can mix up to 5 HDMI sources using the V-1HD. You can then record your program or send it out live to air.
How difficult is it to learn?
This switcher is designed for both live and studio applications. Anyone can operate it after reading the manual. It’s the ideal solution to the problem of how to easily mix video sources without looking at a computer or tablet screen.